Sunday, December 22, 2013

PEPPERMINT MOCHA STIR STICK

Enough already with the stir sticks, that's what I was thinking, no more.  But then I started thinking about coffee, I am a coffee drinker.  Don't get me wrong I like hot chocolate (what's not to like?) but during the holidays when I want a treat from Starbucks it's not hot chocolate it's a Skinny Peppermint Mocha.  Got me thinking about the hot chocolate blocks and why not use the same recipe but put two blocks on a peppermint stick and roll the block in crushed peppermint?  Why not indeed, so that's what I did.  Then to make the mocha I just added steaming milk to very strong coffee (in a big mug, need one large enough for coffee and milk) and stirred until the chocolate melted and yum.  Now this is NOT the skinny variety but all things in moderation, right???

 Here is the ingredient tray and I am going to link you back to the post with the instructions
 Once the chocolate has set-up then you are ready to cut into cubes.  Mine was a little too cold so I put it in the oven with only the LIGHT on for about 30 minutes and it was easy to work with.  I found the best way to do this is so take the two pieces and put the bottoms together and press to form the one block out of the two and then roll all sides and the ends in the peppermint.  I kept a pasty brush and some water near as sometimes I needed to put just a touch of moisture on the block so the crushed peppermint would stick.
This is what the look like after you have rolled them in the crushed peppermint and put into the little bags. Next just tie them with a pretty ribbon (just over hand, you want the user to be able to easily open).

The finished product, ready for your coffee bar or just a cup of hot peppermint mocha! Or.....fudge on a stick, teehee.

Resource
Peppermint sticks, grocery
Mug, Vintage Rothwoman pottery, Ebay, etc.
Plate, Holiday Home
Cake Stand, Pier One
Ribbon, Storehouse, Marshall's
Little Plastic Bags, Wilton




No comments:

Post a Comment