Wednesday, November 5, 2014

TURKEYS ON THE PORCH BENCH!

With each season I like to decorate my little porch bench and this fall season no exception.
The first thing I did (as I often do) was to mosey over to The Graphic's Fairy to find a graphic for my center pillow.  This turkey was just PERFECT - I only wanted the turkey so I copied and pasted this graphic into Microsoft Paint (included in all versions of Microsoft Windows). Once you paste the image you can easily cut out the turkey.

 I first printed out the image on inkjet linen paper, then cut out the turkey with scissors.
 I adhered the turkey to my old burlap pillow that lives in different incarnations on the bench.  You can see what is left of the gold star under the turkey - I decided it was OK as it looks like it just adds a little texture to the pillow. The towels in the back are going to be turned into envelope pillow covers for the other two pillows.
 A note about these linen towels. In early October Williams-Sonoma offered both my black and white Halloween towels and these turkey linen towels on sale and free shipping.  They are really nice and if I don't want to use them again as pillow covers it is very EASY to just take out the two seams, laundry them and I have lovely towels for the kitchen.
 I had intended to use fusible webbing to adhere the turkey to the burlap pillow but decided to use this adhesive instead and it worked great.  This is my all around favorite adhesive as it dries clear, and is great for so many things - like scrapbooking, etc.
 This is a very easy project and really did not take much time at all and I love the way it looks - I have some lovely linen leftover from another project and I like the turkey graphic so much I am thinking of maybe making pillows for the couch with this image or maybe a runner for my TG table.

Resource

Turkey Graphic, The Graphics Fairy, Link 
Linen Turkey Towels, Williams-Sonoma
Burlap fabric, Hobby Lobby
Scotch Adhesive, All hobby and craft stores

Linen inkjet paper, I do not have a resource right now as the source I used for all my different fabric paper is no longer carrying any of these items. I do my best to give links for any item I use and always the most reasonable - right now the only linen paper I can find is way too expensive.  I will keep looking for a new source and let you know when I find one. Amazon does have many inkjet fabric papers.

Thank you for stopping by.

 

4 comments:

  1. Gobble, gobble,
    Love your work!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so very much for your kind words G. jj

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found you over at Graphics Fairy! Love your pillows!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you found the blog Cynthia and thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving. jj

    ReplyDelete