Wednesday, November 19, 2014

THANKSGIVING TABLESCAPE, PLACE CARD PRINT OUT, #TablescapeTag

It must be a sign of my age but Christmas used to be my favorite holiday but Thanksgiving is certainly running a very close second these days. Thanksgiving is not about gifts, it's about giving thanks. I love the ritual of setting the table - I start to think about our dinner and how nice it will be to have family all together. The photos above are a collage of the finished tablescape.
When thinking about my table this year I decided to not do the usual, more formal white linen cloth and napkins, but to go for a more casual, woodsy table.  With that in mind I went out and found these tablescapes that I found inspiring
 The first thing that I did was to clear my dining room table and add one leaf. If you’re looking for a new dining table, I just discovered Modani and they have a great selection to chose from. They sell contemporary and modern furniture. Here is a link for a virtual tour to take a look through their modern furniture stores.

This rustic table just lends itself to a more rustic tablescape. This year there will be (6) adults and (3) children - I will have a special children's table too.
Next I gathered together all the fall and woodsy things that I hand on hand, then started layering the tablescape - the runner, the antler candles, small hurricanes in a rattan base, rattan place mats, etc.  I centered a rattan cake stand in the middle of the table to give a  deer soup tureen some height (treasured find from Tuesday Morning's sale table long ago), now the table has balance and I can keep adding foliage, leaves, pine cones, etc.
 Left side...
Right side....Now time to start layering the table one step at a time.
Place mat, charger, dinner, salad and bread & butter, individual tureen. Water, wine, sparkling drink glasses.
I have some turkey and some acorn tureens and like to mix them.
Place cards.
Here is a template for place cards that are one sided - this sheet will yield 12. I used "Freebooter Script" font, size 36.
TO PRINT: If you have a draw program just copy and paste the sheet into your program. If you do not have a draw program an easy way to print out a sheet of these labels is to "right click" on the image and "save to your desktop", then "right click" on the file on the desktop and you get the option to "open in Picasa" (if you do not have Picasa it is free and an easy download) once in Picasa select the "print" option, then "full page", if it does not fit the page then select the" fit to page" option and it will print out perfectly.  If you are not using a lami-label then print it out on a full 8 1/2 x 11 full sheet label and then cut around the labels as you need them. I know this sounds complicated but it is really easy and once you have done it you will see it is that. Right click, save to desktop, right click, open in Picasa and print. Here is the link for Picasa: Link
The different colors give more interest to the table.
The final touch - acorn napkin holders.


Resource

Acorn napkin rings, Williams-Sonoma
Turkey tureens, World Market
China, Danish Fern by Burleigh, England
Flatware, World Market
Napkins, HomeGoods
Crystal, Villeroy & Boch, pattern, Bernadotte
Table runner, HomeGoods
Acorn tureens, Williams-Sonoma
Rattan cake stand, Williams-Sonoma
Pine Cones, picked them up in Oregon
Leaves, some of them were pressed from my maple tree
Faux foliage, Hobby Lobby & Michael's
Acorn place card holders, Big Lots
Rattan hurricanes, Marshall's
Large ceramic acorns, art show
Fat candles in hurricanes, Pier One
Antler candle holders, gift shop
Place Mats, Pier One 
Golden brown chargers, Hobby Lobby

Thank you for stopping by.

 






2 comments:

  1. WOW!!!!!! SO LOVELY!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words Anonymous - I am eager to have the family gathered here and to prepare Thanksgiving dinner alongside my hubby. j.

      Delete