Wednesday, November 27, 2013

IT'S ALMOST THANKSGIVING - THE KIDS TABLE


This will probably be the last year for the kids table as alas they grow so fast.  I love doing this table.  It is a  little red card table and chairs that I purchased at Target when I had my first grandchild.  Because we live so far apart it has not seen a lot of action but I love using it whenever I can.
Since a candle would not be appropriate for the children I thought this little organic turkey would do just fine, as it turns out a cocktail napkin is the perfect size for a linen napkin for wee-ones.
 Their favor is a Pumpkin Spice Rice Krispies treat with chocolate and chocolate covered sunflower seeds.  Of course, they have to save the treat for dessert! Please see my post of November 18th. if  you would like the recipe. 
When I purchased this set it was red for Christmas and I also purchased a tablecloth and napkins.  When Easter came around I made a simple cloth and chair covers, napkins out of some Easter looking fabric and did the same for Thanksgiving.  Just measure your table account for overhang and seam allowance and it comes together very fast.  On this Thanksgiving/fall set I could not find any fabric I liked so I used flannel backed oil cloth and that is really easy.  To finish off the edges of the tablecloth I added multicolored ric-rac and the chair back are very simple.  Just make a pattern of the chair back, cut it out allowing for seam allowance and then because it is oil cloth just use pinking shears to clip the bottom.  
You can see here that you just make a simple envelope for the chair cover. 

Thanks for stopping by.

Resource:
Dishes, previous year at Pottery Barn Kids
Forks & Spoons, IKEA
Turkey, Previous year Williams Sonoma
Oil Cloth Fabric, Hobby Lobby
 




No comments:

Post a Comment