Friday, January 9, 2015

BOW TYING PRIMER

One of the questions I am most asked is about bow tying. I tie all bows the same whether it is a wide or very narrow ribbon, for gifts or in this case for wreaths.  A few months ago I was asked by a subscriber and I made a little YouTube video. I will put the link at the bottom of the post.  I will also apologize because I made the video by myself with my iPhone so you will not confuse me with Steven Spielberg for sure!
This has been my outside Christmas wreath by my front door for several years. The wreath itself was an after Christmas find years ago and was a very expensive wreath that had been marked down 80% and had my name on it for sure.  The ribbon and the "antique" post card were coincidentally also from a former Nell Hill trip.  After removing the ribbon and card time for the change.  I had a "what were you thinking" moment this Christmas when I decided to decorate with bright and shiny silver things - was just not me (even hubby said something like "no more of this stuff that gets glitter ALL OVER).  I had to agree.  Next Christmas I will go back to what I love "Woodsy Plaid!!."
The reindeer and the little wooden garland were after Christmas finds at Nell Hill's - I did not know what I was going to do with them but LOVED them.
Love the way he looks just have to find the right position....
Made and attached my bow......added the garland....


Ready to go into the big green bag and ready for next Christmas.


Resource

Wreath, Floral supply
Ribbon, by Domain ribbon, tartan plaid, 2.5"
Reindeer & garland, Nell Hill's, Atchison, Kansas

YouTube video, ribbon tying: Link 

Thank you for stopping by.

2 comments:

  1. I DON'T THINK THERE IS ANYTHING YOU CAN'T DO!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Anonymous - if one is going to do crafts, especially wreaths, etc. good bow tying skills are really necessary. Thank you for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete