Wednesday, December 9, 2015

RUSTIC DEER ARRANGEMENT FOR THE ENTRY

Keeping with my deer, woodsy, plaid decorating theme I have this year, I gathered some materials and put together (with not a whole lot of effort) this arrangement for my entry table.
I pulled out an old copper bucket from the garage and then took all the fall flowers out of the urn....
Got out some Christmas greenery and transferred the florist foam from the urn to the copper bucket - you will note that unless they are cut up pieces I leave the wrapping on the florist foam - it tends to be very messy but not so much if you leave the wrapping on the blocks.  I never glue them or use that sticky florist tape I just make sure that the container if full and that the foam feels stable - that way they can be reused several times.
Last year after Christmas I found this lovely swag on sale 90% off and tucked it away planning on cutting it up to use in arrangements.  Good swags tend to be very stable and well made and this one was no exception - to cut this into usable pieces for an arrangements I had to go from needle-nose pliers to the big guns - had to borrow Hubby's tin snips.
I put the first piece in the back and used that piece to arrange the others around.
I used a deer from Antique Farmhouse - pushed his little deer feet into the florist foam to stabilize him and then pushed pieces of the chopped up swag around him.
Keeping with my theme added the wool flannel ribbon bow.
Added a couple of pieces of cut up grapevine wreath.
Added three large rustic jingle bells and I think I'm finished.
I added cute pine-cone candles on either side sitting in old Jello Molds. I love this old copper bucket - I have had it for years - it had the dent when I purchased it and it looks a little beat up but that is what I like best about it - looks well loved.  I have used it for so many things - it has even had fire wood in it for a time. Because of the dent it was highly discounted but if I don't want the dent to show I just turn it around.  I love the old (antique some would say) Jello molds mostly for tea lights or votives and they are safe being made out of aluminum. You can find them very reasonably at antique stores/malls, on Ebay and Etsy.

Getting closer to finishing my projects for decorating this year - a good feeling.

 Resource

Pine cone candles, DecoGlow Pine Cone, Medium
Jello molds, Ebay, Etsy, antique stores
Copper bucket, Tuesday Morning
Florist foam, $ store, Walmart
Wool Flannel Ribbon, d. Stevens, Nell Hill's, 913-367-1086, Central time.
Swag, Hobby Lobby
Picks, Hobby Lobby
Large jingle bells, 80MM RUSTY BELL (12 pack)
Deer, Antique Farmhouse 

Grapevine to cut up in to half circles,Darice 1/2-Inch Twig Garland, 15-Feet
 

Thank you for stopping by.

4 comments:

  1. Lovely to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much dear Anonymous-it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas around here🎄 Thank you so much for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! It would fit perfect in my rustic addition!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Start gathering supplies to make one for that beautiful room! I'll be on the lookout for a copper bucket. Thank you for stoping by❤️

      Delete