Ever since I made Nigella Lawson's coffee ice cream I have been looking for other similar ice cream recipes and found one in this Caribbean Pineapple Lime ice cream. Thought it would pair well with the pineapple cream cupcakes.
Recipe for Caribbean Pineapple-Lime ice cream
- 1 (20 oz.) can crushed pineapple in pineapple juice, undrained
- 1 (14 oz.) cup Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 4 to 5 drops yellow food coloring
- 1 cup heavy cream
- COMBINE undrained pineapple, sweetened condensed milk, lime juice, lime peel, vanilla and food coloring, if desired, in large bowl; mix well.
- WHIP cream in medium bowl with electric mixer at medium speed until stiff peaks form. Fold into pineapple mixture.
- POUR into 9 x 5-inch loaf pan or 2-quart freezer-safe container. Cover; freeze until firm, about 3 hours.
Recipe for Pineapple Cream cupcakes
1 box yellow cake mix
1/3 C. melted butter, cooled
1 1/4 C. crushed pineapple with juice
2 tsp. vanilla extract
Cream Cheese Frosting:
1/2 C. butter, softened
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1 tsp. vanilla extract
3-4 C. powdered sugar
Maraschino Cherries & flags for decoration
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line pans with cupcake liners.
2. Sift cake mix into a small bowl and set aside.
3. In a large bowl combine butter, eggs, pineapple and vanilla extract.
4. Stir in cake mix until smooth.
5. Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full and bake for 17-22 minute or until and inserted knife comes out clean.
6. Let cool.
7. Frosting: Beat butter and cream cheese for 2 minutes until smooth. Add vanilla extract and slowly add powdered sugar until you reach your desired consistency. If it becomes too thick, add milk or cream.
8. Pipe onto cooled cupcakes and top with a cherry and sprinkles.
Ice cream recipe, Eaglebrand.com
Cupcake Recipe, Your Cup of Cake
Two tier stand, Tuesday Morning
Flag pennant garland decoration, Martha Stewart, Michael's
Cupcake wrappers and flag picks, Hobby Lobby
Label design on 81/2x11 full sheet label, Avery® White Full-Sheet Labels for Inkjet Printers with TrueBlock(TM) Technology, 8-1/2 inches x 11 inches, Pack of 25 (8165)
Label design done in Corel Draw
Font used, Lobster 1.3
Thank you for stopping by.