Monday, August 17, 2015

MBR REFRESH - USE WHAT YOU HAVE!

We recently installed the last drapery item that was needed in our home - a very long (about 150") cornice over the drapes in our master bedroom.  Since that was finally accomplished I thought a little refresh of the room was in order.  My mind was willing but my budget said "going on three week vacation soon, better use what you have."
It is a nice size room with a brown/gray plaster walls, dark furniture, with white molding. The deer (the sticks were mine) is the first thing I ever ordered from Antique Farmhouse and I love him!
Large chests for bedside tables and gold accent lamps...the burlap shades make them more traditional.
                 
Even though the tray ceiling wallpaper is gold the room is not elegant, other items pick up the gold but the room is really traditional in decor.
King size bed, very simple.  I found the Vera Wang (not Kohl's) gray bedspread and was thrilled because it is 100% cotton which I prefer for bedding - like the feel and easy to wash. The bedskirt is a gun metal gray.
Decided I liked the look of pintuck and since it is so popular now it is available everywhere from Macy's to Target to Bed Bath & Beyond, to Overstock.com to Walmart at a whole wide array of items included and price from $39 up.  All I wanted was two king size pillow shams and the bedspread. After shopping and looking at my options to my surprise I decided on the Better Homes & Gardens set at Walmart.com.  It was on sale with free shipping and the total cost with tax was below $50 which was about a fourth of what I thought I would have to pay even on sale.  All of these items will be a little wrinkled and all I did was put them (individually) in the dryer with some extra dryer sheets and let the wrinkles come out - after you put on the bed they will continue to come out - you could use a steamer too.  I used the old bedspread at the foot of the bed and pillows I already had on the bed.  Very reasonable freshen up for the master bedroom. The white color lightens up the room.  Hubby is upcountry today - hope he likes this when he comes home. Bottom line is that the room looks updated and fresh for less than $50, using a little new and things I already had.

Resource

Pintuck bedspread & king cases, Better Homes & Gardens, Walmart, Link, looks like they are out of king size, might have in store.
Lamps, HomeGoods
Side Table Chests, Link
Ceramic Deer, Antique Farmhouse
Frog design rectangle pillow and gray bedspread, Vera Wang
Long tassel, Tuesday Morning
Custom pillows on bed, fabric is Ikat design linen/rayon, Bedazzle by Waverly

Thank you for stopping by.

2 comments:

  1. YOU DO ALL THE WORK TO MAKE ALL THINGS GOOD TO EAT, THINGS TO ENJOY OUTDOORS AND INDOORS. YOU ARE BETTER THAN MARTHA STEWART AS SHE HAS PEOPLE DOING ALL HARD WORK. YOU DO EVERYTHING TO PERFECTION.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why thank you G! Just trying to stay on top of things around here - using what I have and being smart about what I buy. Thank you so much for stopping by. j.

    ReplyDelete