Red and white checked tablecloth, red charger, some cute dinner and salad plates, patriotic dessert plate - ready for the 4th.
Love the lantern and the ambiance it gives.....
Some more red and two more candles....
And finally I remembered to take out the Mary-Lake Thompson apron and kitchen towel (love her towels) that I bought after the 4th two years ago!!! That apron is so cute will put the "chef" in the mood to celebrate the 4th!
Recipe for the Bacon BBQ Sauce:
- 1/2 lb bacon, chopped into 1” pieces
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 4 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1/3 cup whiskey (Jack Daniels) I buy a airline bottle at the liquor store
- 4 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1⁄3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 Tbsp dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp espresso powder or 1⁄2 cup strong coffee
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp Spice Rub *See Note
- 2 Tbsp sea salt
- 1 Tbsp celery salt
- 1 Tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp fresh black pepper
- 1 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp mustard powder
- 4 Tbsp dark brown sugar
- Heat a large Dutch oven or heavy-bottom pot over medium heat, and add the bacon.
- Cook, stirring, until the bacon is browned and crispy.
- Add the onion, garlic, tomato, and spice mix and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, for 8 minutes or until the onion begins to soften.
- Add remaining ingredients, and bring to a low simmer.
- Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the stove and allow to cool.
- Transfer to a covered container (I prefer glass) and store in the fridge.
Cream flatware, Pottery Barn
Gingham dessert forks, Target
Silver napkin rings, Nell Hills, Atchison, KS
Fluted champagne glasses, Ralph Lauren
Red crystal water goblets, Horchow
Red dinner napkins, Bed, Bath & Beyond
Desert plates, Ciroa
Salad & Dinner plates, District 23
Red lacquered chargers, Centrum
Lantern, Hobby Lobby
Candle Sticks, Oddity Home Seasonal Christmas Decoration White Crackle Ceramic Candle Holder 4.5"x10.75" Pack2
Thank you for stopping by.