Friday, February 6, 2015

VINTAGE TOWELS WITH VINTAGE VALENTINE CARD IMAGES

I love these vintage Valentine card graphics and thought they would be cute on some "vintage" kitchen towels for a Valentine's Day gift.
As much as I love the IKEA .89¢ towels they are very thin and good for lots of things but for gift giving I wanted something a little nicer so I found "Auntie Em's Kitchen Towels." It is important to try and use 100% cotton whenever you are using iron on transfer on fabric.
 
This project is embarrassingly simple - all you need are the graphics, transfer inkjet paper, an iron and an ironing board. I took out a plain cotton towel from my stash and when I printed out the images I printed one a little smaller to test on this towel.  As you can see it came out great - I think I have some off red ric-rac that I will sew around this towel (for me, not a gift).
Take your towels out of the package and iron out all the wrinkles and decide where you want to place the image.
Here is the lamb "Wool  you be Mine?"
My favorite transfer paper is Lesley Riley's TAP Transfer Artist Paper - it may be more expensive but it always gives a wonderful result and a big plus you can use on any surface fabric, paper, wood, glass, canvas, metal, etc.  I will put a link below.
I think the owl is my favorite....
All ready to go, now I just have to gift wrap and get into the mail.

Resource

Graphics - From The Graphic's Fairy "Premium Membership" which is great because you get even more great graphics besides her free ones - give it a try.  If you are not interested you will find lots of free Valentine graphics for your projects. Just click on The Graphic's Fairy Icon on the top of this page.

Towels, Kitchen Dish Towels with Vintage Design, Super Absorbent 100% Natural Cotton Kitchen Towels (Size: 25.5"x15.5") - 6 Pack Dish Towel Set - White with Red Stripe 
Leslie Riley's TAP, Lesley Riley's TAP Transfer Artist Paper 5-Sheet Pack: 5 Iron-on Image Transfer Sheets  8.5 x 11 
Ribbon, Costco

Thank you for stopping by.

8 comments:

  1. WONDERFUL !!!!!!!!!!!!! YOUR NEVER ENDING IDEAS AMAZES ME!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you dear anonymous for your kind words❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so darn cute. You did a great job.
    Paulette

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much Paulette for your sweet comment. Using Leslie Riley's TAP sure makes iron on projects a snap. Thank you for stopping by. j.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your towels and great inspiration for gift giving. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind comment Linda - with Leslie's TAP using iron-on is a breeze. You might want to look at my barn wood project as I used her product on uneven wood and was able to achieve the "old" look I was going for - thank you so much for stopping by.

      Delete
  6. A really lovely idea. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome and thank you for stopping by - really all the credit goes to Lesley Riley's TAP - a wonderful and versatile product.

      Delete