Wednesday, October 22, 2014

THE BENCH - BLACK AND WHITE HALLOWEEN

I have lots of wonderful Halloween decorations gathered over the years - more whimsical than scary and certainly in all the colors one would expect for Halloween.  My dear sister gave me a lovely black, white and a little red accent caldron for Halloween so I decided this year would be black and white!
 I also need to note that I did my black and white Halloween on a budget - don't know if I will do this again so did not want to go crazy budget wise. First thing I did was to take these $ store pumpkins and give them a coat of black chalk paint and let them dry overnight.




I placed them on a non-stick sheet to dry and then using sticky backed stencils added Halloween words, etc. using regular chalk - my porch is covered so I don't have to worry about these getting wet. On some of them I added spidey on top with a little hot glue.


 Next I found some spooky linen kitchen towels and made envelope covers for the pillows.
Found "Mr. Bones" at my local Grocery Outlet (he was $7.98 and on Halloween night I can turn on his eyes and they change color!).
Added lots of cobwebs and Mr. Bones is ready to greet the "Trick or Treaters."
My Halloween hanging for the black arrow needed to be changed for black and white so I made a simple sign cover on an 8 1/2 x 11 full sheet label, cut them out and applied to the sign.
My flowers were ready to be replaced so spray painted them with some black paint and added some cobwebs.
These topiaries are permanent fixtures at my front door so just added some black and white ribbon and some more cob webs and I'm done.  Just need those little candy monsters to show up and let Mr. Bones give them a fright!

Resource:

Black and white polka dot ribbon, Costco
Black and white linen towels, Williams Sonoma
Mr. Bones, Grocery Outlet
Cobwebs, Tai Pan Trading
Black chalk paint, chalk, stencils, Michael's
Pumpkins, spiders, Dollar Tree

Thank you for stopping by.

2 comments:

  1. DUE TO YOUR LOVELY DECORATIONS, THAT ARE TOOOOOOOO SCCCCCCARRRRRRY TO GO TO YOUR HOUSE FOR TRICK OR TREAT. DON'T BUY TREATS FOR ME AND ALL OTHERS THAT FIND IT TO SCARY.
    JOB WELL DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe I can mail some candy to you'

    ReplyDelete