Monday, April 3, 2017

EASTER TABLESCAPE



A couple of months ago a dear reader in Florida inquired about an Easter tablescape and I told her I would do my table early and do a post, so here is my table for this Easter.  I always set my table a day or two earlier as I don't want to realize at the last minute that I cannot find something, somethings is broken, etc.  I also want to wash the dishes and glasses as many times they are in the storage in the garage and the good glasses have been in the cupboard but are dusty.  Once everything is washed I will set the table a day ahead and cover with a sheet.  It is so nice on the day of the event to not have to worry about the table.  The other thing that I do is to have a copy of my dinner menu printed - this not only helps with grocery lists but gets rid of the OMG, I forgot to put the rolls in the oven!

The menu has varied a bit this year because of some special dietary needs of the family but I value the health and welfare of the family above all else and see these changes as a challenge to make a tasty dinner in spite of some demanding changes.

On to the tablescape.....
I just start layering. I have never gotten around to ordering a pad for this table (truth be told I don't want to store the pad) so I put a plain cream colored tablecloth on first and then the pink and white buffalo plaid cloth.
Next I added a little Battenburg mat, chose my chargers, centerpiece and little side candles. I then did what I call a "light check," and that is to light the candles, to make sure that everything works and it looks OK.
I had these small votives in first and they did not work - they did not give off enough glow for the little metal cups.
For the metal egg stand I used those little battery lights and they are so easy to hide in the excelsior and the paper flowers. I love these and they were marked down to $5 after Christmas and they have an automatic turn off switch if you forget to turn them off and the batteries last for a very long time.
These short, fat candles work perfectly.
Time for the napkin rings - I tried some bunny ear ones made from burlap and they were just a little too country for this table so I pulled out these silver plated spoon napkin rings. Very simple to clean these and make them shine - just have some warm soapy water in your sink and drop these one at a time in silver jewelry cleaner and count to about 7 seconds pull out and put in the warm soapy water, rinse with clear water and wipe dry with a soft cloth.

I selected a simple, white napkin with just a little lace accent.
After putting the silver napkin rings on the table I was not happy and pulled out these cute birds - they worked much better.
I had some cute bunny plates for the kids in the group (after Easter treasure from Pottery Barn kids) and was going to just use the salad plates that go with this off-white pottery but found these cute bunny plates the other day and they were very reasonable and I love them.  Using my crystal water goblets for adults and smaller glasses for the kids. I have other crystal but tend to use these all the time for a couple of reasons - 1) I love the thumbprint pattern and 2) they are dishwasher safe and in my book that is a big plus when you have company and want to get those dishes done after your guests go home. I chose some off white flatware for the table.
Found a cute Easter graphic and made the place cards.
The only special items you need to make the place cards is some cardstock paper and to get a nice crisp edge when you fold the paper over a bone folder works great.
Now time to take apart and wash everything (not the napkins they are just washed and ironed) and put the table together later. On Easter day I will also have some fresh tulips on the table in between the little candles.

Resource

Individual salt and pepper shakers, Restoration Hardware
Kids bunny plates, Pottery Barn Kids
Yellow striped Fluffkins plates, TJ Maxx
Pink and white buffalo check gingham cloth, Amazon
Battenburg napkins & runner, Marshall's
Crystal water goblets, Villeroy & Boch, Bernadotte pattern
Bird napkin rings, from The Garden Gallery, Morro Bay, CA
Chargers, fat candle holders, fat candles, dinner plates and dessert plates (not shown) all from IKEA and we do not have an IKEA here either but remember they ship! 
French wire egg stand, Martha by Mail but you can find these at craft and decorating shops, etc. and often they are not painted but is simple to spray paint them if you prefer that look.

Thank you for stopping by.










2 comments:

  1. WOW!!!!!!!!!
    A $500 EASTER DINNER AT ANY EXPENSIVE RESTAURANT.
    YOU ARE AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you G - wish you were going to be here for our gluten free, dairy free, sugar free Easter dinner!

    ReplyDelete